Note: This blog will be in a rudimentary form until it proves utility.
Issues of concern for Biomek:
Precision and accuracy have been in question for the Biomek by new Users. It pays to be skeptical, but it's more work. I recently received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org conerning this issue. Both the 96-channel and the span-8 pod should be tested before the machine is used for aliquoting and dilutions.
The technician detailed the following info concerning the Span-8:
Span-8 Pipettor %CV Precision Accuracy
- 60mm probe 1uL dispense (wet well) 1mL syringe 8% 10%
- 60mm probe 5uL dispense 1mL syringe 4% 6%
- P20 tip 1uL dispense 1mL syringe 6% 7%
- P20 tip 1uL dispense 250uL syringe 6% 7%
- P200 tip 5uL dispense 1mL syringe 4% 6%
This issue will be verified independently and continuously investigated.
Links to check out:
Pics from my first large scale aliquot: